« Home | Let me first apologize to the few of you who actua... » | For the record, I must agree with James Carville's... » | Well I guess this is the start of a new era, I hav... » 

Thursday, January 19, 2006 

Sorry about that, I completely forgot that I had set this up. I'll try and be a bit better about dropping some annoying drivel that perhaps is knowledge, but more likely just annoying drivel.

I suppose I'll start with a question. How many people out there who like to complain about the state of things have actually done something recently working towards the betterment of humanity? I know that since my return from New Orleans, I haven't done much aside from some volunteering at the local Red Cross chapter. It's one thing to complain about the way things are, but I think you should have to actually do something about it before you've earned the right to talk shit. How can you complain about things if you've never done anything to change the way they are? Obviously pretty easily, but this is the problem with people, almost everyone complains about things, but very few actually put themselves out in order to bring about change. I'm not saying I'm a saint or even a good person, far from it, but at least I've done things with my time to try and help people.

I apologize for being so abrasive and assholish on my first post in 3 years, but I guess I'm just in a bad mood and need to vent. Though I do think I have a valid point regarding the hypocrisy of man, everyone wants something, but not many are willing to put in the time and sacrifice to bring things about. I'm just as big a hypocrite as the next person, but arrogant or not, I think that the acknowledgment of my own hypocrisy is a big step in the right direction towards becoming a good person. Not that I'll ever not be a hypocrite, I think that humans are by nature hypocritical, there's too many contradictions in the way our brains work and the way our society is structured for that to happen. But if we all accept that fact and admit it, it'll make it a little easier to bring about a culture that works for the common good rather than the aggrandizement of the individual.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment